The National Barrel Horse Association, headquartered in Augusta, Georgia, is the largest barrel racing organization
in the world. In 1992, the NBHA revolutionized the barrel racing industry by pioneering the divisional format, which allows riders of all skill levels a chance to win money and prizes in barrel racing competition.
NBHA has over 23,000 members of all ages across the United States and affiliates in twelve countries: Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Hungary, Italy, Mexico, Panama, Spain, Switzerland and the Netherlands.
FL05 Specific Rules
- Due to a complaint received regarding entries, we will no longer be accepting any form of pre entry for future shows. All entries must be made in person by the competitor or their representative and paid in full before a draw number will be given. Please plan to arrive early if you are riding multiple horses and need adequate splits, as we may not be able to accommodate your needs otherwise.
Pre-entries may be made available for multi-day shows. Please check each event for availability.
All members who wish to be eligible for awards must pay an Awards Nomination Fee of $75 for Open and a $50 Awards Nomination Fee for Youth. Fee MUST be paid by April 26. NO late fees will be accepted.
Work hours are once again volunteer based. If we don’t have barrel setters, the show will NOT start and will NOT run without them. If you sign up for Volunteer hours before a show starts, you will be eligible for special Volunteer Awards at the end of the year. These may include exhibition tickets, entry fee reimbursement, or other special awards!
Shows will be submitted for WPRA Approval as possible. Thank you to our members for covering the fees.
- $35 entry fee (Open)
- $30 entry fee (Youth)
- $1 from each entry to state fund
- $4 from each entry to cover arena/insurance
- $5 from each entry to cover year end awards
- 80/20 split is calculated based on $25 per entry
- Added money at each show will come from exhibition tickets sold and will vary
Please visit NBHA.COM for a complete listing of all rules and regulations.